Posted March 31, 2019 by National Event Staffing Visit www.NationalEventStaffing.com today!
Do you always find yourself striking up friendly conversations with complete strangers? If you’re the type of person who enjoys meeting new people and exchanging smiles you should consider being a brand ambassador. Put it this way: you can get paid $15-$50/hr for attending delightful events and making people happy (while giving them free stuff!). To top it off, you determine the amount of hours you want to work. Before you begin the hunt for the coolest promotional marketing positions around, there are a few things to keep in mind.
What Is A Brand Ambassador?
Being a brand ambassador doesn’t mean that you’re an accredited diplomat sent by a foreign country. Taking on a brand ambassador role means that you were hired to represent a brand in a positive light, and by doing so you help raise brand awareness and provide consumers with a memorable face-to-face experience. In other words, brand ambassadors are the promotional marketers of the world and without them, ordinary products would lack emotional emphasis.
What Do Brand Ambassadors Do?
The number one objective is to create a fun and memorable experience for consumers. Check out some of the roles and responsibilities you may be asked to complete:
- Sampling product demos (e.g. high foot traffic areas, within retailers)
- Distributing marketing material (e.g. posters, flyers, pop-ups)
- Sticker bombing (e.g. guerrilla marketing for a record label)
- Sparking word-of-mouth
- Increasing brand awareness by wearing branded uniforms or costumes (branded shirts, branded hats, costumes, etc.)
- Setting up and breaking down events (e.g. tents, tables, banners, etc.)
- Initiating online word-of-mouth
- Coordinating Snapchat takeovers
- Posting on message boards (Reddit or Google+ Group)
- Inviting friends (e.g. Facebook events and fan pages)
- Sharing content (e.g. links, flyers on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Creating reviews (e.g. Yelp or TripAdvisor)
How Much Money Can You Make?
On average, you can take home anywhere from $300-700 per week, depending on the season or gig. The bare minimum you can expect to make is $12/hr, whereas a maximum could be $50/hr, but it’s best to expect $20/hr when you’re first starting out.
The Hiring Process
It’s important to keep in mind that a majority of brand ambassador positions require you to be 18 years or older to apply. Once you start working for a particular event, the hiring manager will notify you when there are more in your area. But you should still sign up with multiple agencies and platforms. The more agencies that you subscribe to, the more emails and offers you’ll receive.
Gigs go fast, so it’s important to stay on top of your emails and offers. Just because you apply to a job, doesn’t mean you’ll get it. You’re not officially booked for an event until you receive a confirmation email.
What To Wear
About 99.9% of the time you’ll need at least one or more of these items in your closet:
- Comfortable pair of closed-toe shoes (e.g. white sneakers or non-slip shoes)
- Dress shoes
- Black pants
- Khaki pants
- White or black button down
Ready To Get Started?
If you want to become a brand ambassador, National Event Staffing offers tons of jobs that could be perfect for you! We hope this info will help you to get more jobs more often and we look forward to working with you soon and connecting you with our fantastic clients in USA and Canada!